Who are we?
Formed in 1971
THE ARMY CADET LEAGUE OF CANADA, MANITOBA BRANCH INC.
The Manitoba Branch of the Army Cadet League of Canada is a civilian non-profit organization, committed to supporting the Army Cadets in Manitoba by working in partnership with local communities and the Canadian Forces in the development of policies and methods for achieving the aims and objectives of the Canadian Cadet Movement in general, and the Royal Canadian Army Cadets in particular.
Along with its partnership with DND and its role as supervisory sponsor to the Army Cadet Corps across the country, the ACLC (MB INC.) strongly encourages Army Cadets to become better Canadians through the program's citizenship and leadership training.
As a registered Manitoba charitable organization, the League is supported solely by donations and fundraising initiatives.
- Encourage and promote interest in and support for the Royal Canadian Army Cadets.
- Facilitate and recommend the formation of Army Cadet Corps.
- Assist in the recruitment of Cadet Instructors and participate in the recruitment of Cadets.
- Provide and supervise Local Sponsors.
- Ensure that the Army Cadet Program is adventure-oriented, challenging, consistent with our aims and relevant to present society.
- Collect, receive, hold and invest funds and property from contributions, gifts, grants, subscriptions or legacies and use such funds, subject to the donor's direction, for the benefit of the Royal Canadian Army Cadets.
- Protect the overall interests of the Army Cadet League of Canada.
- Coordinate and influence effective support of Army Cadet Corps at all levels.